Graduate Research Assistants in Behavioral/Cognitive Neuroscience
The Phylo-Cognition Lab (Kwok Lab) at Duke Kunshan University (DKU) is seeking applicants with a background in cognitive neuroscience, biology and/or computer science to study the neural bases of episodic memory, metacognition, and other related higher cognitive processes in the primate species. The research program is guided by an overarching aim to understand, model, and control these complex neurocognitive processes. The lab employs armamentaria of methods including multimodal neuroimaging, in vivo electrophysiology in nonhuman primates (macaque monkeys), neuromodulatory methods, state-of-the-art behavioural paradigms and computational techniques. For more info, please visit www.kwoklab.org.
The successful applicants will lead/carry out research projects and assist in the development of the lab under supervision by Dr Sze Chai Kwok and be expected to be primarily based in East China Normal University in Shanghai. Ideal candidates would be ones who are keen on pursuing an academic career.
DKU is a partnership of Duke University, Wuhan University and the Municipality of Kunshan, China. For more info, please visit http://www.dukekunshan.edu.cn.
Sze Chai Kwok, DPhil, Associate Professor of Cognitive Neuroscience
- Design and conduct studies on human subjects and non-human primates (monkeys).
- Animals training and testing.
- Data analysis.
- Manuscript preparation (note: previous members in the team often ended up publishing research papers as lead authors).
- Assist in research grant proposal preparation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Job responsibilities will also continue to expand in scope and depth as the team grows in size and complexity in its programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in neuroscience, cognitive sciences, biology, computer science, or other biomedical related fields; Master’s degree would be a plus.
- Interests in non-human primate research, preferably with experiences in handling animals.
- Skills in coding (e.g., MATLAB, R, and/or Python); statistical analysis; experiences with computational modelling would be a plus.
- Proficiency in English.
How to Apply:
Please submit a CV/Resume and a Cover Letter with the subject line of “Graduate Research Assistants in Behavioral/Cognitive Neuroscience (Kwok Lab)” to dkurecruitment- email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org