Post-Doctoral Research Scientist in Nonhuman Primate Electrophysiology
The Phylo-Cognition Lab (Kwok Lab) at Duke Kunshan University (DKU) is seeking applicants with experiences in electrophysiology to study the neural bases of episodic memory, metacognition, and related higher cognitive processes in nonhuman primates (and in sEEG patients). Our objective is to study the activity of neuronal networks at multiple spatiotemporal scales to comprehend the mechanisms realizing conscious memory retrieval and metacognitive processes.
The project aims to elucidate the mechanism of memory replay and metacognition and will involve acquiring multi-unit electrophysiological data of neuronal ensembles in non-human primates (and in human patients). Preference will be given to candidates with prior experience in the electrophysiological recording of neuronal activity. Experience with and knowledge of computational models would be useful. Candidates with experience in rodent electrophysiology are also welcomed to apply. The lab employs armamentaria of methods including multimodal neuroimaging, in vivo electrophysiology in nonhuman primates (macaque monkeys), neuromodulatory methods, state-of-the-art behavioural paradigms, and computational techniques.
The successful applicant will lead/carry out research projects in collaboration with Dr Sze Chai Kwok and be expected to be based in Shanghai (lab-based in East China Normal University). For more info, please visit www.kwoklab.org and https://scholars.duke.edu/person/Sze.Chai.Kwok.
DKU is a partnership of Duke University, Wuhan University and the Municipality of Kunshan, China. For more info, please visit http://www.dukekunshan.edu.cn.
Dr. Sze Chai Kwok, Associate Professor of Cognitive Neuroscience
- Lead and implementation of behavioral studies on non-human primates.
- Electrophysiological recording of neuronal activity.
- Electrophysiological data analysis: LFP and spike data; biophysical modelling.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- University employees’ job responsibilities will also continue to expand in scope and depth as the team grows in size and complexity in its programs.
- PhD degree in neuroscience, biology, computer science, or other quantitative related fields.
- Experiences in electrophysiology data processing and analysis.
- Computational background and/or strong quantitative skills are desirable.
- Record of publications in related topics.
- Experiences in handling experimental animals.
How to Apply:
Please submit a CV/Resume and a Cover Letter with the subject line of “Post-Doctoral Research Scientist in Nonhuman Primate Electrophysiology (Kwok Lab)” to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Informal inquiries are welcome by emailing the PI at email@example.com (Sze Chai Kwok).
Online application link: Career Opportunities: Post-Doctoral Research Scientist in Nonhuman Primate Electrophysiology (490) (sapsf.cn)